Instructor, ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)
RTH Solutions is a leading provider of consulting and training services, specializing in IT Service Management. RTH Solutions helps thousands of professionals earn a variety of professional certifications every year.
We are currently expanding to meet the growing demand for our training programs and is looking for ITIL instructors nationwide.
Instructors will work on an independent contract basis initially and will receive instructor training. If you have a passion for helping others learn and have an extensive knowledge in project management, we want to hear from you.
Turn your technical expertise, on the job experience and great communication skills into a rewarding part-time instructor opportunity.
The right candidate will need to reside within a reasonable driving distance from the city to which he/she applies. Additional opportunities for teaching courses at either our corporate location or on-site at various client locations will require travel to other surrounding cities. The course schedule includes classes that typically start on Monday; however, some weekend course opportunities may be available.
- Deliver ITIL V3 (Foundation, Intermediate, Expert) courses in public, open enrollment programs and at client sites.
- Deliver instruction of RTH Solutions courses following the course outline.
- Communicate any resource/technical assistance requirements to the appropriate RTH Solutions staff.
- Communicate, as required, with onsite client representatives prior to the class to identify any specific client needs, making suggestions for technical content modifications where required.
- Handle all attendee-related administrative matters satisfactorily, prior to, during, and immediately after course completion. Provide feedback to the proper department on any classroom events that may require immediate attention.
- Provide technical reviews of class events where content modification may be required prior to subsequent offerings.
- Set up all required computer equipment for courses. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
ITIL Instructors must possess the following:
- A minimum of 10 years hands-on IT management work experience in an ITIL environment.
- Active certification an ITIL Expert V3.
- Must possess at least 2 years’ experience as an ITIL instructor, management consultant or comparable experience and a description of this experience with resume submission.
- Demonstrate through technical and subject matter interviews the ability to convey ITIL best practices.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate classroom instruction using virtual technology (i.e. VTC, virtual/blended classroom delivery, and eBooks).
- Federal government knowledge and experience a plus
- A four year college degree or higher is desired but not required.
- Must be available and willing to travel.
- Engaging personality that inspires confidence and encourages honest and open communication
- Capable of independently driving class training.
- Demonstrate excellent group facilitation and teaching skills.
- Experience as an instructor teaching professional skills to an adult audience.
- Honest with strong work ethic and integrity.